Register now for 2020-21school year classes and private lessons!
ONLINE ONLY THROUGH THE
COVID - 19 PANDEMIC
- Classes begin the week of October 26th.
- Register soon!
- New students should be registered by October 17th for Jazz Theory and any coordinated Jazz Improvisation Techniques classes.
- Class costs are just $92 per month. Scholarships awarded for students taking two or more classes.
- Classes and private lessons are available year-round in all instruments.
- Vocal lessons are available in all styles.
- Classes resume the week of September 14th.
- Class costs are just $89 per month. Scholarships awarded for students taking two or more classes.
- All classes are held late afternoon and evenings and meet once per week.
Our classes are designed to give students a complete path to becoming great musicians and to fully develop the art of jazz improvisation and expression. Our curriculum is designed to study jazz theory, improvisation and performance in conjunction with instrument specific jazz techniques classes. All classes include music listening and ear training. Our teachers are world class, performing musicians who are extensively experienced in both playing and teaching. Our larger goal is to help students widen their view of life through the development of creativity and individual expression and the joy that this will bring to them and to those who listen to their music.
Theory and Improvisation Classes
Jazz Theory I - All chord symbols, chord symbol implications, intervals, color tones, red notes, jazz scales and modes and applications to soloing.
Performance Combo I, II, III & IV - Apply the theory and improvisation concepts you have learned in an actual playing combo group. Learn many tunes, grooves and formats for different styles. Learn to develop an improvised melody and play great solos in your own band. NOT OFFERED ONLINE.
Jazz Theory II - ii V7 I and other common chord progressions, analysis of tunes, soloing in the key and chord substitutions.
Jazz Theory III - Develop a large vocabulary of licks, patterns, embellishments and new approaches to apply to your solos. Learn from the ideas of jazz masters.
Jazz ImprovisationTechniques Classes
These classes are designed to be taken in conjunction with Jazz Improvisation Theory or Performance Combo classes. Techniques classes will successfully help students to apply all concepts learned in Jazz Improvisation and Theory classes. We will work on specific tunes, provide hands on technical realization on your instrument, specific explanation of how to practice and specific, well designed pedagogy for the development of creating great solos on the tunes.
Scholarships awarded for students taking two or more classes.
Private lessons are available in trumpet, saxophone, trombone, piano, guitar, bass, drums and voice.
ALL CLASSES STRESS: EAR TRAINING AND LISTENING SKILLS; INDIVIDUAL CREATIVITY AND EXPRESSION.